Sunday, November 29, 2009

In the blog beginning

This being my first blog entry I think I should begin by explaining my blog name, Trail Den. Having reached the age of 60 and having the opportunity to look back upon a full, active and happy life full of unexpected surprises I found a poem expressed it best. The final lines from Robert Frost's, The Road Not Taken
I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.
However being a third generation Oregonian from pioneer stock I also wanted something to signify that I am from those who came here on the Oregon Trail. This identity crisis was resolved when I converted Frost's road to trail and hence have always been known as Trail and residing at trail den.

No comments:

Post a Comment